We started our remote assessment by using the RTA function of Audio Tools, a rather crude measurement, but one that a novice to measuring speakers could perform "unsupervised"...
In retrospect, we should have started with a proper FFT right from the beginning, as it would have given us a more accurate base for further modifications. Also at the time, Perry had not received the iTestMic and we were using the internal microphone of the iPad, which has a sharp filter under 250Hz to prevent overloading.
Anyway, we then started some modifications towards my proposed schematic. Here is one of the first results:
These two measurements are not giving us enough information to decide whether or not the modification was going into the right direction. So, we decided to wait for the arrival of the iTestMic to make further changes.
Born in France, well travelled, relocated to Sydney in 1997.